Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lent Week 3, The Labor of the Cross, The Privilege of Suffering

Mark 8:34The Message
34-37 Calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I am. Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for?





A) Who might God be inviting you to labor for as in the pains of childbirth? 


B) Given your unique personality / talents / life-stage, what is the cross God is asking you to carry, in the hope that new life will emerge? 






C) Because the cruciform life is a team sport, from whom are you drawing strength during this season? To whom are you imparting strength in this season? 



Notes;
Last Sunday Isaac Anderson gave the message at Jacob's Well called "The Previlege of Suffering." It has been a very long time since I heard a message that I felt was spoken to me directly. This piece has been so much harder to create and complete than I thought. I had the idea and have been excited about the outcome in my mind but it has exhausted me not only physically but surprisingly emotionally. I made a commitment to make this piece and I will continue on but I know that it takes so much from me, has and will continue to. Throughout the process I have had moments when my hands are cramping up, my back aches and I am frustrated with complications with the yarn or my loom. During those times I remind myself the reason why I am making this piece and am encouraged that it is a prilivege that I get to make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment