Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Teal Wave Three Panel Commission


In the mist of the starting up Kansas City Textile Studio, I have been working on a new commission. Ever since I graduated I have been doing most all of my dye work either outside on my driveway or in my garage. Each time I dyed, I carefully had to carry each bucket of dyed water through my house and rinse everything in my bathtub. With each year passing, I dreaded the idea of dyeing at home for many reasons. Safety for myself and my family, all the energy I put into making sure I wasn't making a mess, while hauling all the buckets of water through my house and the pain my back and knees went through, having to constantly bend down to dye my yarn on the ground and rinse everything in my tub. Just thinking about it makes me tired.

So, you can imagine how grateful and relieved I am to finally have a safe, clean, well equipped and efficient place to do all my dye work. YAY!!! Here are some images of my process so far.









 


















One down, two more to go.








No comments:

Post a Comment