Monday, November 2, 2015

ArtsKC Inspiration Breakfast Woven Commission



I was commissioned by ArtsKC to make scarves for their Inspiration Breakfast Honorary Chair Bobby Epsten and Event Chairs Brad Douglas and Arzie Umali. I hand-dyed two separate tencel warps, one that had a color gradation from silver to black and the other black to silver. Then I striped them next to each other on the loom. All three were woven with different wefts.  Here's a look at each of them. 

This one was for Brad Douglas. All three scarves, I hand-dyed two separate tencel warps, one that had a color gradation from silver to black and the other black to silver. Then I striped them next to each other on the loom. Then I choose to weave this one with black bamboo yarn.


This one was for Bobby Epsten.  I choose to weave this one with chocolate brown merion/tencel yarn. 


And for Arzie Umali, I choose to weave this one with aqua, gray and fuchsia tencel yarn. 







No comments:

Post a Comment