Sunday, February 10, 2019

Weaving Live on Facebook Tuesday 2/12 at 1:30pm...




I told myself this morning, “It’s only yarn. It’s only yarn.” But deep inside looking at these threads on my loom, I see and feel so much more beyond just yarn. Seeing it takes me back to a time when I dyed this yarn for the largest installation I have ever done “Unspoken”...I actually wound this warp for scarves while I was working on the installation but didn’t have time to make it. Unspoken was one of the most impactful, beautiful and exhausting works I have ever created. Many unexpected highs and lows came with it....


















I have looked at this warp many, many times for more than two years, thinking I could weave with it but then some kind of fear takes over and I tell myself quickly, “not now.” Well, I think it is time. I will be weaving Live on Facebook this Tuesday 2/12 at 1:30pm. Come follow me if you want to see at Debbie Barrett-Jones Textiles.





No comments:

Post a Comment