Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Unweaving, Chocolate Cake and New Yarn Wearables

Yesterday I was busy working on deconstructing this new weaving for a show I am having next Friday  in the Crossroads at Bridgeport Gallery, 18th and Oak. More info tomorrow.


Making a few new yarn necklaces....this is one of them.


And making a chocolate cake (with coffee, yum. yum.) for my Grandma Louise's 99th Birthday dinner.


Ha! Ha!! Okay, I failed at presentation but my partakers loved it. This chocolate cake recipe was given to me at one of my wedding showers twelve years ago. It is my absolute favorite cake to make. Here is the recipe.

Moist Chocolate Cake
Ingredients
2 cups all purpose flour
1tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 cup hot coffee or hot water
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift dry ingredients. Add oil coffee and milk. Mix for 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes. Butter and flour pans. 
Bake @ 325 for 25-30 in 9"x13"or 15-20 in round pans

Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
Ingredients
3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1/3 cup butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Melt butter and chocolate. Cool down before adding powdered sugar. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Beat until spreadable. Sometimes I add a very small amount to whipping cream.

Please let me know if you make and what you think.










No comments:

Post a Comment